donderdag 29 mei 2014

The ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM OF HERAKLION, refurbished, review coming soon

I have been visiting Crete (Greece) last weeks and I intend to make a review very soon about the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion (Irakleio). I paid two visits to the  museum within one week.

                                         Fig.1 Archaeological Museum of Heraklion,  2014, May (Foto: Ada Markusse)

 After 8 years of refurbishing, on 2014, May 6th the museum opened his doors again. Untill then there was only presented a small part of the collection. Now  people can admire the complete collection and that's what I did.

About the art works I would like to write an article in connection with my visit to the site of KNOSSOS, an archeologicial site only a few miles in the southern region of Heraklion.  That will take a month or two months or even longer to study because the history of the site is going back to the Neolithic Period.
In the meantime I decided to do research after Seals, sealings and finger rings , their use, their making of, their materials, their iconography, their find places and so on. Seals are extremely informative about the Minoan life and culture, including both the socio-economic and artistic developments. This article will not be published before 2014 November.

Greece is an important country in terms of culture and I would like to extend my first orientation about Greece (September 2013), of which an impression is already available in Dutch on this blog.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten